Yield: 2-4 persons
4pcs Chicken Breast Fillets (Defrosted)
1 small pack fresh basil leaves
1 head garlic
1 salad tomato
Brie Cheese (or you can choose something else, just choose one that has a strong taste)
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Pepper
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350deg C. Put your basil leaves in an electric chopper and mince the leaves finely. Transfer in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
2. Peal and chop the garlic in the chopper.
3. In the small mixing bowl, put the basil leaves, garlic, and parmesan cheese together.
4. Add the olive oil.
5. Season with salt and pepper and mix well with a spatula until it is well blended together. In making fresh pesto, there should be chopped pine nuts but I left this one out for this recipe.
6. In an oven safe Pyrex, arrange your rinsed and dried chicken breast fillet.
7. Pour the pesto on the chicken and "massage" to your chicken for about 3 minutes.
8. Slice your salad tomato into thin slices to put on top of the fillets. 4 slices would have been enough but I just really love tomatoes on this dish because it gives a slightly sweet flavor.
Put your dish in the oven and bake until the chicken is no longer transparent About 15 minutes. Check the meet by making a small incision and checking if the meat is no longer transparent.
9. Slice your Brie with a cheese slicer to make it easier to slice. Brie is very soft so a knife will just make the cheese ooze out of the white mold.
10. Place the Brie cheese slices on top of the tomatoes and put it back in the oven. Bake until the cheese is just slightly melted and turn off the oven. Leave it in there until you are ready to serve it.