2 medium size Sole fillets, sliced into small rectangles
1 Tbsp sliced ginger (matchstick type)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup hot water
2 Tbsp white sugar
1 Tbsp miso paste
1/4 cup neutral flavored oil like Canola, Soy, or Vegetable
1 Tbsp Sesame oil
1 whole garlic minced
2 Stalks Onion leeks thinly sliced diagonally
1. Prepare the ginger and leeks, and set aside. Chop the garlic in a chopper, and set aside.
2. Place the ginger on a sheet of foil and put the sliced fillets on top of it. Cover the fillets with foil and put on top of the steamer.
4. When the fish is done, pour off the excess liquid that is accumulated in the foil after the fish is cooked, transfer the fillets in a serving dish together with the ginger and set aside.
5. In a sauce pan, combine the soy sauce, water and sugar, and bring to a simmer. Add the miso, and stir constantly until the miso has melted. Set aside.
6. In a small non-stick pan, heat the 1/4 cup vegetable oil and fry the garlic. Add the sesame oil and keep sauteing until the garlic has turned golden brown. Do not burn the garlic, otherwise, it will release a very bitter taste instead of roast-y.